As April 30, 2016 approaches please continue to check this page for announcements and updates.
Single entrance for our Guests of Honor will open Saturday at 9:00AM and will remain open until 1:00PM, while supplies last. Gifts are on a first come first serve basis until supplies are depleted.
Mission of Hope will be at The Waupaca Learning Center at 1515 Shoemaker Road in Waupaca, Wisconsin.
Friday – Setup is between 5:00-7:00PM April 29
We are seeking individuals, families, civic groups, and youth groups who would be available to help set up the school for our Mission of Hope experience. We have lots of tables and chairs to position. Any and all assistance is appreciated. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how many will be joining you. Please forward to others as together we can significantly bless one another. It is our hope that each area would set up as much as possible Friday. Setup will resume as early as 7:30AM Saturday.
Volunteer Schedule for Saturday April 30
- Arrive at the site Saturday between 7:00-8:00AM. Volunteers will gather with others for last minute preparations and orientation. Please prepare to arrive closer to 7:00AM as there is much to accomplish in a limited amount of time.
- We have promoted this event to begin promptly at 9:00AM.
- Plan to remain on site for cleanup between 1:00-3:30PM. Mission of Hope continues until supplies are depleted or 1:00PM, whichever occurs first. Every area (shoe distribution, groceries, etc) should totally clean their area prior to departure and collectively we bless the school’s janitorial staff.
Area Coordinators (shoe distribution, groceries, guest services, etc):
- Please ensure your area is set up as much as possible Friday. It is amazing how much time it takes to setup the space so as to orient volunteers immediately Saturday morning.
- Your strategic preparation is a gift to volunteers. Please honor them as volunteers honor our Guests.
- You are responsible for cleaning your area with excellence to bless the janitorial staff. Please engage your team of volunteers as we express our appreciation to the school for use of this amazing facility.
- Enter through the BACK of The Waupaca Learning Center;
- Upon entering the school check in at Guest Services to pick up your free event t-shirt;
- Volunteers are encouraged to serve together as a family unit;
- We do our best to honor volunteer requests and we thank everyone for flexibility so as to reallocate volunteers to areas requiring greater assistance.
Vendors (ie Community & Health Service providers):
- Thank you for joining us! We trust you will bring sufficient quantities of free resources to offer our Guests of Honor;
- You will have unloading access to the school between 7:00-8:00AM;
- Since we do not know how many Guests of Honor will attend, please bring a packed lunch and water. Thank you.
Parking for Volunteers & Vendors:
Parking is available on a first come first serve basis but we ask for volunteers to park furthest from the entrance so as to offer the best parking for our Guests of Honor. We encourage car pooling as much as possible. Thank you.
The rationale for online volunteer registration:
It is vitally important to register your interest as a volunteer on this website. First and foremost it ensures we have adequate t-shirts and supplies. Furthermore it helps our Team Leaders to know how many more volunteers they need to recruit. There are numerous variables in preparing for Mission of Hope. Please register so our volunteer team leaders know what and who to prepare for. While we understand some may be concerned about personal privacy we assure you your contact information will only be used by our Team Leaders in preparing for this exciting day together. If you do not have an email address, simply register with email@example.com
Mission of Hope is a Strategic Program of CommunityIMPACT, Inc. who is recognized by the IRS as a 501.c.3 charitable organization. All donations payable to “Mission of Hope” are tax-deductible and will receive a financial report in December for their charitable contribution.